☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Tuesday, August 17, 2010 | 11:38 AM

Today has been a super super fun day! My fun lasted almost 12 hours straight. Lin Liang wanted to treat Jessie and I to a meal now that the project is close to completion. And we wanted to give her a belated birthday celebration. (:

Initially, Jessie and I had thought of decorating a brownie. But Jessie overslept (ahaha!) and we decided to do a cake at The Icing Room instead. We bought the 6" cake, thinking a larger cake would be safer in case we have more people going for the makan session.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
When 'Happy Birthday' becomes 'Happy Birdday'. Jessie's idea. And she didn't even spell it. Drawing birds seem way more creative. Birds, eh? If only Lin Liang's a guy. Lol.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Used the sugared pieces to spell Lin Liang's initials. It was a nightmare doing the border (ok, it was my idea). Squeezing out tiny drop after drop for a 6" cake is no joke.

Photobucket

We thought it would be nice to get a gift to go with the cake but had no idea what to buy. Ended up passing by a party shop and decided to get LL one of those balloons on a stick. We got a plain one so we could write her a message.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Crazy Jessie. I told her her handwriting is nice one, lor! My handwriting is like a bloody computer font—people actually mistake my handwritten documents for printed ones! I always envy people who can write cursive fonts 'cos they look so good on greeting cards.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
It was funny back at NYP too. We kept trying to think of ways to hide the cake and balloon. It was a good thing Jessie (the TSO, not Jessie Pua) allowed us to use the fridge in the sensory lab 'cos the other labs' fridges were either switched off or reeked of something foul.

I miss slogging it out with Jessie, Lin Liang, Xin Hui and Wei Sheng in N5. Granted those times were hectic, there were light-hearted moments too. It's damn funny watching Lin Liang and Wei Sheng tease Jessie about her love life the whole afternoon. They're relentless, oh my gosh!

We ended work around 6 and took a train down to Clarke Quay. Decided to try Marutama Ramen at The Central.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Their menu is reeeeally simple. There're only four types of ramen to choose from, some additional toppings for your ramen, and some side dishes. Drinks only consist of green tea and beer, though iced water is always free.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We ordered a plate of Japanese chashu (or char siew as the Chinese call it). IT'S SO GOOD!! The slice of pork was so fragrant, the meat was tender, and the fats were soft and moist. The whole slice just about melted in my mouth! I always throw the fats away but this one is so good, I just ate it all. :D

We roamed around Clarke Quay trying to find a nice bar. We even stopped to watch people trying out the G-MAX bungee jump ride. Jessie's ok with taking the ride with me next time! :D Yay! It's so hard to find someone who will join me.

We finally decided to try Muchos Mexican Restaurant & Bar. They were having a promotion: A jug of margarita and a nachos dish for $30. Not bad for a group like us.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The chilli sauce for the salsa is so good, I'm tempted to go back there again just for it. There were a few flavours we can choose from for the margarita and we settled on strawberry. I like looking at salt-lined margarita glasses—so pretty. (: I got a surprise when I licked the glass, though. They'd used sugar instead! How weird.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I'd brought along a lighter from home just in case, but we didn't need it at all. There's already a steady fire source in front of us!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Hahaha we didn't bother to dish out the cake slices at all—we just dug right in! We ate only a quarter of the cake 'cos we were too full from the ramen and nachos.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Playing with fire. Lol!

I had a little too much to drink, though. The effects only kicked in 2 hours (that's freaking long) later. I'd reached home and my mother was telling me about her friend's problem involving a beyong parental control daughter and seeking my two cents. I was perfectly logical and all right up till then but suddenly I knew I was going to faint. Within seconds, I was losing my hearing—my mother's voice became muffled—and I started having tunnel visions. I blacked out for a few minutes before I regained mental consciousness, but it took my body another few minutes to function again. Thank goodness I'd fainted at home and not while I was still on the way home.

I can finally begin to understand why people drink to drown their sorrows. I kid you not—it actually feels good. But I still think true strength lies in having the courage to face your problem and solve it, even if you get yourself drunk a couple of times along the way before you're ready. (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.