☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, August 20, 2010 | 9:31 PM

Went to JB for a quick shopping trip with Esther! A week or two ago, I'd told her about some nice stuff I'd saw at City Square and she agreed to accompany me on a second trip. It feels so good to grab a passport and get out of Singapore, even if it's just traveling to Malaysia. I'm addicted to the kind of freedom that comes with traveling.

The checkpoint officer was, like, "Hello. Going where?" with a smile. I replied, " Shopping!" with a smile, took my passport, thanked him and walked off to start my shopping trip. The older I get, the more strangers—of various ages and backgrounds—like to make small talk with me or tell me their life story. It's fun talking to strangers, though. To think many years ago when we were kids, adults were always telling us not to talk to strangers. Hahaha!

Had to get our stomachs filled up before we begin shopping. Just had to dine at Wong Kok Char Chan Teng. In my humble opinion, I think this HK cafe outlet beats all other HK cafes in Singapore. The waiters and waitresses were prompt and friendly, and the menu leaves one spoilt for choice.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I ordered a 四君子, which translates to 'Four Gentlemen' while Esther had a cup of warm almond drink. Their desserts have very interesting names and it always make me want to try them! I ordered mine because I knew the drink contains yam milkshake and flavoured puddings, and I love those! The almond drink was amazing too. It was sweet, fragrant and thick. If only almond drinks were more common in Singapore. It's one of my favourites.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Forgot what Esther's order was called, but it's a cross between an omelette and chee cheong fun. Ah, it was fried so nicely. Somehow, I always end up ordering cheese-baked rice at HK cafes. There were five types of sauce to choose from and I asked for the salsa one. It didn't turn out as spicy as expected, kinda mild.

I had a fruitful shopping trip. I got a dress and 4 tops for less than SGD$90. Yay! Now tell me where to find such low-priced, good quality and classy clothes in Singapore! Hah! >:D





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.