☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Thursday, September 02, 2010 | 11:58 PM

JB Trip with Woon Ching

I've been travelling so much to JB's City Square that it is slowly losing its appeal to me. This time, I went with Woon Ching for some shopping. We didn't get much shopping done because there wasn't anything nice to buy. Oh well.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Brunch at Four Seasons/Swensen's. She had a Pacific Blue while I ordered a Iced Blended Caramel Coffee (it tasted more like chocolate. Weird).

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Esther, if you're reading this post, I bought the earring from Padini! :D I kept thinking about it after that time we saw it and I knew I just had to buy it! The design of the earring is so special. It's like a city at night—with tall buildings, night lights and stars in the sky.

There wasn't much to do so we went to get a haircut. My hair has been rather thick and shapeless. It's kind of depressing how my hair grows so slowly that every time I get a haircut, it always goes back to the same length as before. ):

Oh, that brown dessert is milk-flavoured shaved ice with peanuts and chocolate fudge. Something different from those milk ice desserts in Singapore. Don't really see peanut ones often.

Woon Ching's father came to find us after work at 5.30PM and we went for dinner at Sushi King.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Hahaha this eat-for-free event requires you to eat a bowl of plain ramen/udon 5 times the normal portion within 10 minutes. If you can't, get ready to pay up—it's about 4x the usual price too.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
In addition to our main courses, Woon Ching kept grabbing sushi plates off the conveyor belt too. She's a smart eater, though. She only selects special dishes or the nicer (and more expensive) ones.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Looks really good! I noticed their noodles all have a chewy and bouncy texture. My spicy udon was wonderful. :D

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Uncle ordered two plates of sashimi too. Had daifuku for dessert.

Photobucket

I can't believe Woon Ching ordered this. It's Japanese ginger soda! And I thought people only ate this as an appetizer. Hahaha. It tasted sweet and nice at the start, but the taste got too strong after some time. Even Woon Ching herself couldn't stand it and her father ended up finishing the drink. :D

Uncle drove us back to Singapore after that. It was hilarious watching the customs officer do a double-take with this "Huh?!" expression when he saw Woon Ching's passport photo. He stared at her photo then looked at her again through the car window doubtfully. Time to change your passport photo, Ching!

Yay. Macs breakfast and L4D2 session with Woon Ching tomorrow!





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.