☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, October 16, 2010 | 11:34 PM

LOBO: Live in Concert

Y'know what's so ironic? Teenagers my age are gathering at one end of the Singapore Expo to catch the Kpop boyband, JYJ, while I'm on the other end at The Max Pavilion with people thrice my age. I'm not joking.

It all began when my mother read about Lobo coming to Singapore for a one-night concert. Who is Lobo? He's an American singer-songwriter who was helluva popular in the 1970s and several of his songs had topped the U.S. charts.

So why am I doing attending a concert of a singer I've never listened to before and with older people to boot? It's simple. Mother said Lobo's a guitarist and his evergreen songs are nice to listen to. That's all it took to buy me over. I don't say no to anything evergreen or with a guitar.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Had dinner at Yummy Chopsticks at the Singapore Expo. One hell of a disappointing experience. We'd waited almost 30 minutes for the three dim sum dishes we ordered. Mother had to ask two waiters before one of them told us that our order had been given to another table by mistake and refunded us the money. Why couldn't they have informed us earlier instead of making us wait like fools? Most eateries would have struck an order off the receipt the moment it is delivered to the table so that they can keep track. This place ought to do the same. Tsk.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
It's my first time at The Max Pavilion. Sitting pretty near the back. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Mel & Joe were the opening act for the concert. I love their rendition of Marmalade's Reflection of My Life!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
And Lobo and his band makes their entrance!

When was the last time you heard music so beautiful it makes your heart ache? Or make tears flow silently and uncontrollably?

It's been awhile I heard such beautiful music. That's the effect his music had on me. When he sang 'Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend', tears started streaming down my face. It was beyond my control! Part of it was because I could relate to the song (unrequited love is painful). But the main reason was his rich vocals. It was powerful and emotional. There were a couple of other songs that made me emotional too, but nowhere as bad as this one. Haha :')

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
They were performing 'Stoney' and Billy went off the stage, holding a microphone and getting fans to sing into it! Haha everyone laughed when the old man wanted to sing. I can only imagine how he feels. When you're in your seventies and you're attending a concert by your idol from your twenties, you just feel young all over again.

Heck, there was a little boy (kindergarten age) with his parents who sung into the microphone too! Evergreen songs are called evergreen because they will always be popular, irregardless of time. (:

Mel and Joe and Lobo sound so much better live. They are truly singers who can sing, something which I don't find often in today's music scene. I do hope Lobo comes back to Singapore for another concert a few years down the road. (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.