Ok. 15 minutes till comm skills tutorial begins. Let's see how much I can type before I make a dash to Block P from the library. (:
Last Sunday, we (Si Min, Esther, and I) were watching a YouTube video of the song 'Tenshi no Fureta yo' in the anime K-ON!!. The seniors were dedicating their final performance in high school to their one and only junior, assuring that they'll always be friends even after graduation.
(continued) I'd downloaded the MP3 and sent it to them. Suddenly, Si Min asked me if she could grab photos off my FB to make a video and I was more than glad to agree. The objective was to cheer Esther up. She hasn't been happy with life in Shanghai for a couple of reasons. I love the video! The photos go perfectly with the lyrics. She even used photos from the overseas CIP trip at Yunnan. Haha I looked super geeky in secondary school! We've all grown up. (:
00:42 - OMG. SHOULD I LAUGH OR CRY?! That's my secondary school! I've plenty of good memories there, but I'd rather not be reminded of the management. I'm glad I graduated before the school fell to its knees.
00:52-00:59 - Most emotional point of the video. We all have to leave things behind to move into the future.
I really, really love the song. It has to be the best graduation song I've ever heard. The lyrics are very apt. Here's the original straight from the anime.
1:39-1:49 - Any graduate will feel the impact of this scene. On graduation day, there would be tears. You would be reminiscing the good and bad times. You would be filled with uncertainty about the future. You would, above all, promise to stay friends forever and not lose touch.
Even if we're not together, let's look up at the same sky.
Many many thanks to Si Min for the wonderful video! Esther, if you say that you miss us, we'll tell you that we miss you twice! Can't wait for you to be back in January! (:
Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D
TAGBOARD
LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!
I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.
I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.