☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, December 31, 2010 | 11:31 PM

Adieu, 2010; aloha, 2011!

Here we are! It's the last day of 2010. Another year gone in the blink of an eye. (:

I went to get helium balloons before meeting Woon Ching for lunch. I love helium balloons! Used to demand for them when I was a kid. Haha. After WC suggested writing our new year wishes on helium balloons, I just had to buy them. Lol.

Had lunch at Pasta de Waraku at The Heeren.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Matcha red bean milkshake and oreo cookie milkshake. I love the milkshakes here. Kanpai! (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
My first time eating squid ink (yes, the tar-like squid ink) pasta. I've always wanted to try it because it's unique. I will definitely go for this again. NOTE: This isn't something you want to order on a first date unless you want to scare your date away with black lips and teeth!

We wanted to make a cake to celebrate the new year so we got one done at The Icing Room. I did the one for Christmas so this time WC wanted to do it for us. :D

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Was observing the others near us and I nearly laughed out loud when I saw this. WC had written 'SNSD' on our cake while a few cakes away, another bunch of teen girls had written '2AM' on their's. K-pop madness zzz.

Once the cake was done, we took a train down to City Hall and walked to Marina Square where we met WC's track mate, Marisa, and her classmates. They're really nice and friendly people. It was a pleasure to know them. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Isn't the side of the cake sweet (no pun intended)? It's a shame Wan Wen couldn't join us today because of some personal issues.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
There were bits and pieces of fresh fruits embedded inside the cake. Yum! I just love cream cakes! (: We played Monopoly Deal to kill some time. My first time playing, lol.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
If you ever want all eyes on you, the only thing you need is a helium balloon. Or a whole bunch of them. Everywhere we went, people kept eyeing us (ok maybe not us, the balloons). Babies and young children stared at the balloons in wonder. Girlfriends would look at the balloons before turning to their boyfriends to tell them something ("Dear, helium balloons are so nice.. Next time buy for me, ok?"). Lol. Adults eyed us too. There were numerous hilarious moments whereby the balloons got blown aside and hit some passers-by in the face but they laughed it off. :D

We had the entire night to kill while waiting for midnight (fireworks!). Went to the arcade and played one game. First time seeing a shooting game machine that allows 4 players at a go. Then we had drinks at Starbucks while reading magazines and starbucks. By 9pm we decided to head to a LAN shop at Selegie to play a bit of L4D. There were 6 of us so we played 'Versus' mode. Left the place slightly past 11pm and took a bus down to Suntec City Convention Centre. Had to brisk walk until we were some distance away from Esplanade, somewhere on the other side of the bridge.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Minutes before midnight, the crowd got so crowded and kept screaming. Haha. The view wasn't as good as last year's. Last year's fireworks was directly above my head. Lol. But whew, the fireworks are pretty as always! My favourite is the last one! It's like a shower of gold dust. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Walking to City Hall MRT after the countdown was horrible. At times, we couldn't see where we were headed and just followed the crowd. Waiting to cross the road to get to Swissôtel The Stamford was the worst. It took about 5-10 minutes for each green light and even then, only a small number of people were allowed each time. There was once our side missed our turn because the group at the other traffic light took so long that the vehicles had started coming in. I think we spent about 15 minutes purely waiting.

Some people got tired and simply dashed across the road much to the consternation of the traffic police. When it was finally our turn to cross, it was chaotic. Everyone didn't want to have to wait again so everyone was jostling their way through. WC ended up walking backwards 'cos she was being pushed along by everyone. Lol.

Thankfully the train ride home was much smoother. We opted to take the train to Marina Bay and bounce back. Finally reached home at 1.20 AM.

Happy new year everyone! :D





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.