
Blood runs thicker than water. (:I dropped by my second family's house to visit them. I couldn't visit my babysitter in November because I was caught up with school work. This time it's her husband's birthday and I'm definitely not missing it. Each time I return to them, it feels like I'm home. I'm sorry to say this, but I can't feel the same with my biological parents. I'm close to my parents, but I reckon we lead such individual lifestyles that there's no family bonding whatsoever. It's really sad.
I have a long history with the Phua family (actually, since I was born). It's not something an outsider will understand. I owe them a debt that can never be repaid. Afterall, we are all indebted to those who brought us up. (:
This week has been wonderful. Caught up with friends and family I haven't seen in ages. I ought to try putting family first more often from now on.