E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com
HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167
FACEBOOK :
(Click here)
SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong
BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF
I know this is completely out of syllabus, but this question popped into my mind while I was mugging on the import, export and trans-shipment of processed food for the Labelling & Regulatory Affairs paper. Certified true copies documents from the food safety authority of the country of origin are required for submission when dealing with land snails.
I've read before that land snails are immediate hosts for parasites. Upon ingestion, these parasites can travel through the bloodstream and make a home out of your brain matter, resulting in meningitis. Escargots are usually farm-bred and fed a diet of ground cereal to avoid this problem. The snails are eviscerated as a precautionary measure too. But my question is this: Are there tests conducted to ensure that these land snails do not contain parasites?
CHARMAINE CHEONG.