☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, December 24, 2010 | 11:41 PM

What's December Without Christmas Eve

Had a super fun day with Woon Ching and Wan Wen! I suppose most people would be out attending Christmas parties, eating turkies, exchanging presents, blah blah blah. But we had our own way of celebrating – Karaoke, playing L4D and eating tomyum noodles. Sure beats joining the crowd at Orchard and getting ourselves molested and/or sprayed with snow spray. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Can I call these "necessary evils"? The drinks are complimentary. But we had to pay for the snacks (it's mandatory) and it cost a few bucks for that tiny bowl. Daylight robbery at its best. At least they taste good and there is variety. :/

PhotobucketPhotobucket
WW's present for me and WC!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
That's my Christmas surprise for WW and WC – a log cake! It's the DIY logcake from The Icing Room. You buy the pre-made cake and they provide you with the icing and decorations to decorate the cake yourself. I opted for the strawberry one because I think chocolate is too common. Some of the sugared pieces melted but the cake's still lovely. :D

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We ordered hot green tea and warm milk. The milk was too sweet. It was like drinking condensed milk. I think we left most of it untouched. Haha.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Oops. WC got fed up with the kbox staff for constantly interrupting us so she threw the logcake decoration into the drink. Eew. Haha. The lan shop we always go to is right next to the kbox outlet (how convenient) so we decided to go and play one round. I hate playing the "No Mercy" campaign – it never fails to give me a throbbing headache.

Took a train down to Orchard and headed to Far East Plaza for tomyum ramen and dumplings! Dessert was pomegranate frozen yoghurt at the newly opened SourMilk at the basement. It's really nice though somewhat powdery (but I like that too).

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The entire mall's pretty empty today because everyone's on the other side of Orchard Road. Haha. It was about 10pm when we took these photos. Jump shots in a shopping mall!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Posing with the Christmas trees there. I tried putting the santa hat on the tree but it made me feel short. I had to stand on tip-toes!

We didn't feel like ending the night early yet we didn't feel like joining the countdown either. So we hung around the inside of ION. Bought bubble tea and roamed around aimlessly. It was funny when the security guard tried to close the shutter on one end of the mall and all the people made a mad dash to get to the other side before he could close it completely!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Even the bubble tea plastic seal is Christmas-themed.

Woohoo. New year countdown next week. Looking forward to it – fireworks, good food and more cake! :D





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.