☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, February 26, 2011 | 5:53 PM

YEP Community Service Marathon 2011 Launch

Woon Ching and I had signed up for this some time back. It is a month-long community service project and there are many kinds of volunteer work you can choose from. We got allocated to Beyond Social Services, where a group of us will be teaching little kids how to read every Friday night throughout March. Looking forward to it! :D

The launch was at ITE College East at 10:00AM, but the goodie bag collection began from 9:00AM. Didn't stay for the launch. We were hungry and sleepy, and headed to Bedok to have brunch.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The vouchers are really nifty: Frolick, nuabs, 77th Street, Spectacle Hut, Botak Jones, and Mr Bean. Ok, maybe not all are useful to me. I foresee myself using the Spectacle Hut $40 gift voucher, though. About time I get a new pair of spectacles and stop abusing my eyes with my wearing contacts round the clock.

If any of you (yes, you who is reading this now!) wants any of the vouchers (except the Spectacle Hut one), let me know. I'm more than happy to give them away. (:

Had brunch at the hawker centre beside Bedok Bus Interchange before exploring the Sheng Shiong outlet nearby. Woon Ching wanted to show me that they do sell live turtles (I haven't seen them at the Khatib outlet before). Turns out the glass tank labelled 'turtles' was filled with wriggling yellow eels instead! So amused by the variety of crabs, clams, and mussels there! We ended up buying junk food for ourselves too.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
S'been long time since I ate such sugared sour candy strips (I'm not a candy person). Yet I find these strangely addictive. The sourness makes one cringe, yet the delayed sweetness makes up for it and keeps one coming back for more.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ah, the favourite Pocky presents a Valentine's special. The packaging is really sweet.

よっしゃ!Must start revising tomorrow. It's the last lap; 2 more papers to graduation! I can do it! いくぞ!:D





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.