☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Monday, February 14, 2011 | 10:36 PM

ハッピーバレンタインデー!

Yes, happy valentine's day! Just felt like saying that. Don't get me wrong—I still think Valentine's is overly commercialized and materialistic. I find it retarded that people wait for this one day to express their love. What's wrong with doing it the other 364 days of the year? And besides, does one even need a reason to? Can't we surprise those we love any time of the year for no rhyme and reason?

I met Esther for dinner at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe at Sun Plaza. Too bad the aunty that works there wasn't working that day. When we went a few nights ago, she recognized us—even though we haven't patronized for over half a year ('cos Esther was in Shanghai pursuing her degree). She's always so happy to see us, giving us a big, warm smile and chatting to us like regular customers. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I wanted to order the usual udon (the kind that comes with a big bowl of soup). However, the waitress recommended the new HK-style Fried Seafood Udon. It was so good when I ate it with the sliced green chillis provided!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Another new dessert. It has coconut milk, strips of coconut flesh and sago inside it. It's nice and warm. Too bad I'm not a big coconut milk fan. I ordered it 'cos it looks interesting and I felt like trying new stuff.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Esther has gotten herself an iPhone 4! I was playing around with the applications she had downloaded. I got addicted to Angry Birds the first time I played it. Cute, sadistic, and strategic, what's there not to like about this game? (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.