☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Sunday, March 20, 2011 | 8:21 PM

Eco-Carnival

Before I start my post about my awfully good Sunday, I'd like to ask you (yeah, you, dear reader) to help my friends complete a quick survey. They will be the Singapore delegates at the World Leadership Conference in July, and they are doing this public consultation as part of their research for the national policy paper.

Photobucket
Click here to do the survey!


10 questions. All multiple choice questions. It won't take a minute. Pretty please, and thank you very much! Your help will be greatly appreciated! (:

And no, it has nothing to do with the upcoming general elections. (One uncle actually asked me this while we were conducting the surveys at the eco-carnival.)

Now I shall officially begin my entry. The eco-carnival was organized by the youth clubs of Ang Mo Kio GRC and Yio Chu Kang SMC, and is held in conjunction with World Water Day and PAYM 40th Anniversary. ECO Singapore has a booth there to introduce the conference to the public.

When I arrived at the meeting point, I was alone. Dong Ying couldn't come 'cos she was down with a fever. Didn't see the other volunteers either. One of the delegates, Meng Yi, was supposed to pick us up but he was running late. Well, he arrived more than 30 minutes later in a cab and I hopped on so we could get to Anchorvale Community Centre. He owes me lunch to make up for the long wait lol.

Met the other Singapore delegates there, Ke Jia, Keith, Susan, and Yean Yang. There was one more volunteer, Harry. And they are suuuuuuuuper nice people. (: Really enjoyed myself chatting and joking with them! Went around asking people to do the surveys, which turned out to be an interesting experience. Met people from various careers and with different opinions. I would occasionally joke with them too. Talking to strangers is fun!

I met an old friend at the carnival too! I bumped into Keshia, who was a fellow Eco-Youth Mentor in the Dunk It at National Day Parade 2009, another one of ECO Singapore's programmes! She went MIA halfway through so I never got the chance to get her contact info. It's a blessing that I finally get to see her again. I recognized her immediately and went up to her. Had a good chat before getting back to work. And I finally got her contact details. :D

The trip home was amusing. We placed the props and survey stuff into the back of Yean Yang's car and then squeezed into the back. Got a lift to Seng Kang MRT and took the train home. Y'know, I've been living in Sembawang since 2000 and this is the first time I've a friend who I can go home with! Like, how many people do you know of who stays in Sembawang? Lol.

P.S. I'm seriously awed. I'm aware that I often use double entendres (a phrase with meanings that can taken either way, sometimes one of which can be dirty and suggestive) in my written and spoken language. I'd do it unconsciously, but realise it immediately after using it. Yet, twice, I've been outwitted by friends from that school. Not only did they saw through my words, they actually came up with a witty remark before I even realise it myself! Not even my close friends saw through my double entendres! Their minds are like steel traps. I wonder if all the students in that school are similar, not that I would be surprised if they are. Ok, I'm stereotyping now. Haha.

P.P.S. Must memorise music taugeys tomorrow! Must practise those 3 songs before the next lesson argghhhh!

P.P.P.S. I finally have the photos from the first WLC volunteer training session on 12 March!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Mostly taken while waiting for the rest of the volunteers to arrive. Had a hard time finding GRID New Media Studios at *Scape because it was such a nondescript room on the outside!

Yay. I love today. Awesome day. (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.