☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Tuesday, March 15, 2011 | 9:30 PM

Had a day out by myself. It's so fun going out by oneself. I'm starting to get hooked on it.

Kinokuniya is having a 20% storewide discount from 10-16 March as part of their "A Picture Paints A Thousand Words" promotion. I love it whenever there is a 20% discount. I would make sure to get a couple of books to make my money worth it. Unfortunately, I'm broke this month so I could only afford the books I can't do without. And very sadly, they do not take stock of the book I'm hunting for. The libraries do not have it either. Maybe I should try ordering it online. There are a couple of dystopian novels that I want to read and display proudly on my shelf. (:

Ended up getting myself a classical guitar guidebook and Chicken Soup for the Prisoner's Soul. I am becoming a collector of the Chicken Soup series, in addition to borrowing them from the library.

I finally got my Cold Stone Creamery fix! It has finally arrived in Singapore, exactly one year after I first ate it in Taiwan. Been waiting for this day since forever! (Yup, I'm extremely happy about it.)

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I've only praises for this ice cream boutique. This has to be the happiest eatery I've been to. The staff would break out into Cold Stone Creamery songs and cheers at random, sometimes even dancing! They are super friendly and when they serve you, they do it with a big smile. It was entertaining watching them do stunts with the ice cream too, like tossing it into the air and catching it in the paper cup/waffle. I could really give them 10/10 for their service.

Another thing I like is the ambience. The dim lighting, spaciousness, and cushy sofas lying around gives the place a cosy feeling. I can totally foresee myself spending lazy afternoons here, digging into rich ice cream creations while poring over a good book. Which was what I did today. I had a perfect afternoon. I'm totally enjoying life these days.

Photobucket
Peanut butter cup perfection. It was delicious! :D I ordered the medium size (they call it 'Love It' there) and it turned out to be a bigger portion than I'd expected. The whole deal was made sweeter (pun fully intended!) by the fact that I had 32% off my bill. It was part of their pre-launch promotions on Facebook. They gave out discount vouchers daily, with the value being the same as the number of days left to the launch day. Ended up paying $6.35 instead of $8.90. (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.