☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Wednesday, March 16, 2011 | 11:13 PM

Just thought I should do a quick post about some reflections on my mind now.

Reflection #1: Everything's Part of a Bigger Plan

I would say the shit has hit the fan for Japan. I don't reckon the world has seen any series of disasters so horrific: In the span of a week, the Japanese had to deal with two earthquakes, a volcano eruption, a tsunami, a nuclear meltdown and mounting death tolls.

I've always thought humans are dumb creatures, always trying to play the God card and living on grandiose delusions. Yet, look at how easily we are at the mercy of Mother Nature.

Esther has this theory that this is what makes our generation different. We belong to the generation of crushed dreams and distorted realities. Our life is bombarded by wake-up calls. The more we refuse to listen, the greater its form and impact.

Which I thought was helluva ironic. The previous generations couldn't fulfill their dreams because of war, political depressions, etc. So they worked hard to ensure the next generation would have a chance to realise their dreams. But right now, everything they worked so hard for is falling apart.

This begs the question: What are we working so hard for? If it's for power and wealth, then maybe it's time we stop to think about the things in life we're missing out on. Instead of living such a miserable life, we ought to take life as it comes. The good and bad in life comes as a package. Might as well learn to appreciate them both, right?

If anything, I've learnt not to question God's intentions. I've come to the realisation that everything that happens is part of a bigger plan. Most of the major events in our life are fated; the rest are uncharted and left to us to decide how we want it to be.

Reflection #2: Perfectionism

I feel somewhat bitter after realising this. That perfectionism is essential for survival in Singapore. Living in this country will only get more expensive and competitive each passing day. My perfectionism is bound to worsen after realising this, because I'll be so much harder on myself now. It's like declaring war with myself to ensure I'll be ahead of others.

Reflection #3: Some Things that I'll Never Understand

Yeah, I don't think I'll understand.





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.