☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Sunday, March 13, 2011 | 11:49 PM

Mexind's in Singapore!

Photobucket
We're missing Angeline; she was held up by other commitments. Mexind was our Indonesian youth ambassador when we went for the ASEAN Youth Wallacea Expedition last June. Now he's in Singapore to attend the World Model United Nations Conference 2011. We brought him around Sentosa for some fun on Sunday afternoon!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Very ironically, Yasmin's the only one who has tried the Skyline Luge (first time for James and I). I suppose people don't usually bother to visit their own country's tourist attractions. The ride up on the gondola is a short one. It was good we came in the evening. The weather was not too hot and it was breezy.

Going downhill on the Luge was awesome! Those go-cart/toboggan car systems were fun to zoom around on. As Yasmin puts it, "If only driving was as easy." The temptation to speed is there, but it would mean ending the ride in no time and having lesser time to take in the scenery.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Had plenty of time left so we decided to go for the MegaZip. It is somewhat costly at S$29 for a flying fox. But you know what? Go at sunset. The view justified the price for me.

We had to pay an additional S$2 for a buggy ride up to the site. I was sitting in the middle of the backseat of the buggy. Nearly flew out of my seat each time the buggy went bump or sped up! Had to be fitted with all the gears before climbing up a four-storey tower for take-off.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Hm, I'm in the extreme left of the photo. Was being suspended then, just waiting for the guides to release me. I love flying fox ever since the first time I tried it years ago in camps.

The sunset view was gorgeous and the cool air rushing past felt wonderful. It was an adrenaline rush and state of calmness simultaneously. First, there was the lush greenery of the trees, which then revealed the white sand and sparkling blue waters. Some of the beach-goers below called out to me and waved, and I gave them a huge grin and waved back. It was fun!

Landed at the tower on this small island just a distance away and made our way back to the main island.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Took the monorail back to Vivocity for dinner. Mexind was really interested to try our local specialties, and he has already tried a few since he arrived on Saturday! Dinner conversation was really interesting too. I think we were awed by his story of his school trip where his group stayed with a village house and two of the girls got possessed. That one was a riot.

James and Mexind left after that. I accompanied Yasmin as she needed to find a wedding gift for her friend. Couldn't find any decently-priced yet suitable gift. Gift shops are freaking overpriced. We tried finding handbags but couldn't find a good one either. Finally I suggested Tangs because the Vivocity outlet sells "lifestyle-concept" merchandises. And thank goodness we did. There was a wide variety of smart photo frames, with prices lower than in "some" gift shops. It's all about knowing where to look.

It was really late by then. Most of the shops were closed. Squeezed onto the train (so damn packed and it's Sunday, 10PM!) and finally reached home at 11PM.





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.