☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Thursday, March 03, 2011 | 11:28 AM

Now That's It's Over...

My polytechnic years have unofficially concluded. No more dozing off in boring lectures and dimly-lit lecture halls. No more 1-hour tutorials at stupid timeslots. No more wearing of my pristine white lab coat. No more lugging home 2 KG of hard-cover library books for my research work. No more 50-pages reports or PowerPoint slides to compile. No more petty, immature arguments because of group work.

I don't harbour any ill-feelings towards any of the negative things that had occured all these while. Neither can I say I truly enjoy or love them. Yes, there were definitely good times of fun and laughter. But it all ends there; there's nothing more to it. I can only describe my feelings towards all the people I've met in NYP as apathetic.

Still, it was a nice feeling hearing the synchronised cheering of the Year 3's echoing throughout the indoor sports hall after the teacher declared the end of the last exam paper yesterday. (:

Photobucket

This wasn't what I wanted at all when I applied for my post-secondary school education. It's pretty common for polytechnic students to change course after the first year. But I stuck to FS on my father's advice: use the diploma as a passport to university. When a diploma is used that way, it is no different from an 'A' level certificate. Except that we're required to have a near perfect GPA to get into local universities.

Day 1 of my holidays and I'm already bored. Time to start registering for my stuff and part-time job to max out all 7 days of the week! :D

P.S.: I love the little girl my neighbour's babysitting! I would see her when I'm on my way to school and she would be there at the metal door grilles. The first few times she was too shy to acknowledge me. But she came out by herself to greet me when she heard me yesterday and waved me goodbye with a big smile! *heart melts to a puddle* My efforts to reach out to her hasn't been in vain. Wheee! (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.