☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Thursday, March 24, 2011 | 11:10 PM

Twestival Singapore 2011

Twestival, also known as Twitter Festival, employs the use of social media to organize fun events for a charitable cause. Many countries worldwide organize their own Twestivals, and the one I attended today is Twestival Singapore 2011! It was held at TAB Singapore and they are going to donate 10% of all their profits tonight to the selected beneficiary, Children-At-Risk Empowerment Association (CARE).

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Door gifts received upon registration. And we bumped into some of the guys from hackerspace.sg from yesterday! Haha. Well, the sticker is actually for writing our Twitter ID. I don't even have my own Twitter account (which makes it ironic why I'm attending this event) so yeah, I'm writing my own name. I looooooooove my name. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Good thing we came early enough. All the booth seats and some of the other larger tables were reserved. Basically, the night alternated between performances by local bands and lucky draw announcements. Anyone who donated above S$50 was automatically qualified for the lucky draw, and they certainly gave away a lot of prizes.

There were hilarious moments too. Like, it was a Caucasian guy won pole dancing lessons. He has a good sense of humour too, for he danced suggestively while watching up to collect his prize. Hahaha! And then there was the grand prize, a weekend drive in a MINI Cooper Countryman. I think the host had to call out more than 10 names before the winner was selected. Because the winner has to be above 25 years old and owns a driving license.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Twitter bird is giving out the prizes! (: This pair of brothers both won prizes so the host is making them do a dance. Lol. Some simple, random dance moves put together.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Buffalo wings and homemade fries. The fries are super crispy and goes excellently with the Thai chili.





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.