☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, March 12, 2011 | 9:52 PM

Two volunteer events in one day! S'been a glorious day! :D

I'm not gonna talk much about the first one since I won't have much positive comments. Frankly speaking, I nearly wanted to play hooky but I decided that was simply irresponsible. I would see it to the end and then quit. Something good did come out of it, anyway. I made friends with another volunteer (Xue Li) much younger than me. Told her I was 19 and got called "old". Oh my God, lah. I'm starting to feel older than I am.

I had some time alone before the next event so I dropped by Far East Plaza to have my favourite SourMilk frozen yoghurt. Sitting on the bench by myself, eating frozen yoghurt topped with Fruit Pebbles, and people-watching was so enjoyable.

I signed up as a volunteer for World Leadership Conference 2011 waaaay back in December 2010. It was done on a spur of the moment. I was typing my resume for my Communication Skills II module and while filling up the activities/interests section, realized that I haven't done any volunteer work in months and that my life was getting as stale as old bread. Passed the interview in January and the first volunteers' training was today.

After signing in, I sat next to a girl (Dong Ying) and we chatted right away and all the way till the start of the briefing. This is damn special because I'm a person of few words. Got awesome chemistry with her. :D There was a briefing about the upcoming WLC 2011 and some pre-conference events. Then, we got split up into groups for icebreaker games. Played some name games and the 10 Fingers/No Life game and we had a good laugh out of it. At the end of the session. I signed up to volunteer for the pre-conference events. More fun stuff to look forward to!

Spent the rest of the day with Dong Ying. Bought Gong Cha and had dinner at Din Tai Fung (小籠包!). Had a leisurely stroll to Dhoby Ghaut for some window shopping after dinner. We have quite a bit of interests and tastes and opinions in common! I think it is second (but definately far) to what I've with Esther.

I had a splitting headache and felt feverish since afternoon. By the time I reached home, my nose had started itching and I sneezed once. Popped 2 Panadol pills and all the symptoms went away for now. Hope it doesn't come 4 hours later (which would mean I need to take the stronger Panadol).

Dental appointment with my orthodontist tomorrow morning. Wonder if the dinner with the Wallacea Team is still on tomorrow. Haven't seen them since the Indonesia expedition last June. :/





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.