☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Wednesday, March 23, 2011 | 11:34 PM

WorkCamp SG 2011

I wasn't quite sure what to make of this event prior to attending it. Lastrina and I found ourselves lost quite a few times. To put it more accurately, I would say it was more of a hackerspace event (go google 'hackerspace' if you don't get it)(hackerspace.sg was one of the sponsors). It was more of a gathering whereby the hackerspace community get together to discuss business ideas, though I wouldn't say they exclude others. Anyone and everyone is welcomed to join their events.

It was really a new experience for me and I really did learn good stuff about organizational structure, even if some of the other stuff are still kinda advanced for me at this point of time.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
A list of suggested topics for the parallel sessions. There was a lot of free discussions and exchange of ideas and opinions during the WorkCamp.

And a random shot of some of the participants. Actually, that's Natasha in the photo. She will be the head facilitator of the World Leadership Conference 2011 and she was the one who invited Lastrina to this event (who then invited me). I was surprised she found me familiar from the first WLC volunteer training because we haven't talked before. Then again, this kind of situation has happened too many times before, people recognizing me and me not knowing them. Maybe I do have three eyes on my face, because I have no idea how to explain why people always notice my presence no matter how unnoticeable I make myself out to be. But it was a pleasure meeting her. I have met a lot of nice people through WLC 2011, indeed. (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.