☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, April 01, 2011 | 11:01 PM

My Week in a Summary

I haven't updated the entire week so I'm going to summarize loads in this one post. When I saw the job advertisement in last Friday's copy of The New Paper, I knew I wanted the job and I also had a gut feeling I would get the job (oh, yes I did). It's a part-time job at a cafe along Armenian Street. I have something for vintage pre-war shophouses. (:

Long story short, I LOVE MY JOB. The location is perfect for me. I have a wonderful boss who is skilled at doing business (I seriously got to learn from her since I may go into business with a friend after I've established my psychology career). I admire her for building a successful business based on human relations, unlike most businesses that compromise it. I admire her for giving everyone an equal opportunity, and not discriminating against anyone. I admire her for believing in the best of her employees. I'm honoured to work under her and would love to work with her for as long as possible (probably till I have to begin my own career).

I have wonderful co-workers too. Everyone was so nice and patient in showing newcomers the ropes. I screwed up like hell the first few days. Still screwing up occasionally now but getting better. My boss calls me a blondie 'cos of my blur sotong moments. Lol. I love the funny conversations we would have when business slowed down. We could talk about anything under the sun and still poke fun at it. I think it has rubbed off on me, because the way I talk now is getting flirtatious and feisty. Well, it's more fun talking this way, you know. :D I'm having fun meeting new people ALL THE TIME ever since my holidays began. It's not like I have to be friends with them. It can be just as acquaintances. Just go up to some random stranger, start a conversation or crack some joke. I do that with the customers, cashiers, sales assistants, or whenever and whoever I feel like talking to. And I feel happiness when I make them laugh. (: I know it is work, but everyday is so fun, it doesn't feel like work at all. (Ok, maybe during the peak periods. That one is literally war and tempers fly everywhere.)





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.